I have developed over 50 different seminars and have given over 600 seminars in the past years. Some of these workshops include: “Effective Presentations”, “Personality, Communication and Conflict Styles”, “Positive Thinking and Communication at Work”, “Intercultural Communication”, “Let’s Talk: Practicing International Business Situations in English”, “Brain Power: Effective Mind, Memory, Time and Energy Management” as well as Creativity Seminars such as “Mystery Weekends”, “Life Mapping” and various personality models.
I often design seminars and webinars to meet the special needs of businesses and various institutions and these workshops always offer participants a good balance between valuable learning of different skills in an enjoyable and relaxed working atmosphere. These seminars are also offered in the German language.
Here are some seminar reviews:
- Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung: “Die Evaluation Deines Seminars ergab ausnahmslos Bestnoten!” (The evaluation of this seminar produced excellent results, without exception!)
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Chatrath BiTS – Business and Information Technology: “Sehr gerne würden wir im kommenden Wintersemester wieder mit Ihnen arbeiten.” (We would very much like to continue our cooperation with you in the coming winter semester.)
- Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society: “Nach der sehr positiven resonanz würde ich gerne wieder auf Sie als dozenten zurückkommen.” (Following a very positive feedback (from your seminar) I would like to have you work for us again.)
- Prof. Dr. Martin Weinelt Freie Universitaet Berlin Institut fuer Experimentalphysik: “Die Response auf ihren Kurs war sehr positiv.” (The feedback from your course was very positive.)
- Freie Universität Berlin: Detailed Evaluation of the Presentation Workshop in June, 2016
- Charite Krankenhaus (Hospital): Summary-Evaluation from the Graduiertenkolleg
Feedback about the “Effective Presentations Seminar” at a Max Planck Institute in December 2022:
What did you like about the workshop?
– A lot. I really liked the teacher Steve. I think he is very professional, skilled, and a very pleasant
person. He really managed to get us out of our comfort zone and try out new things. This is definitely
the best workshop I have had so far, and I really plan to further work with his comments the coming
months. It was an unforgettable time.
– I liked everything! It had a lot of great material and now I feel more prepared to give presentations in a
professional setting. Steven has extraordinary expertise and was also great as a person.
– I really enjoyed everything about the course. Particularly how individualized the feedback was and
also that Steve didn’t try to change our “natural” way of presenting but rather focused on a few things
that each of us wanted to improve.
Reviews of Brain, Time and Energy Management at a Max Planck Institute in December 2022:
. What did you like about the workshop?
– The instructor, the lively discussions, the flexible schedule (that could be adjusted to our needs), the
mix of theoretical and practical insights/take-aways, the save environment created by the participants
and the instructor,
– Best professional development work I have done so far! Would highly recommend Steve as a trainer.
Steve had a good feeling for the group. This way, he was able to tailor the workshop well to our needs.
– I really liked Steve’s approach to the topic and the energy that he brought to the workshop. I enjoyed
that he created a safe space for us to share our struggles.
Feedback from “Effective Presentations Seminar” at the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science in February 2023:
“Dear Steve, without exaggeration, this was one of the best seminars I ever had! Thank you so much again – not just for the seminar and these super helpful tools but also for presenting a living example of what it means to practise while working.”
“This workshop was indeed life-changing: I cannot listen to a talk anymore without thinking about the criteria we learned. Instead of being afraid I really do anticipate my next talk and look forward to have the chance to try some of the very supportive techniques we were able to learn in a short time. And, indeed, it makes my life much easier: Two days with Steve encouraged me to trust in my skills! Highly highly recommendable.”
“I have learnt many useful techniques during the workshop, which I am looking forward to implementing in my next conference presentation. I found the practical elements of the workshop particularly helpful, as I as able to try out new methods in a safe and supportive environment. This helped me to build up confidence and I am very grateful for that.”
Feedback from “Effective Presentations Seminar” held at the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment in May 2022:
“The paradigm shift from concentration on content and facts to interaction and contact with the audience was very helpful to me… Thank you for two very intense days last week!”
“With a little distance to the webinar I can say that it was the best training I had so far in the doctoral
program here at BfR. The two days were way out of the comfort zone but this is the way you have to go to
improve -especially these skills in presenting. I think you have prepared us well for upcoming
presentations and I´m looking forward to use some of the tips and techniques. Thank you for this training
and the constructive feedback you provided.”
Feedback from “Effective Presentations” Seminar at the Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society in March 2022:
“Seminar Success: thank you again for your great seminars! I began my last two presentations with questions (different questions, different introductions). It felt still a little bit weird but it was a great success. The feedback was really good.” Leonard
From the Bayer AG internal newspaper reporting on the “Envision the Future” Workshop in April 2015:
- “Steve Weir, a popular Trainer at the Bayer site, gave a session on intercultural differences providing the group with real-life cultural demonstrations and hands-on exercises as to how different we can be, yet how similar we actually are.”
From a Seminar at the Max Planck Institute in Berlin in 2019:
“…for the first time I lectured without a full script in front of me. And if you can believe it, it was actually easier than usual! This was the first time I had an audience that was constantly engaged and asking questions the whole way through (no one was on their phone!). I even understand my own material a little better, after approaching it with the intention of making it as clear as possible for the audience. But you know what the best part is? I was actually having fun. So really, thank you so so much for all the work you put into the seminar! It’s made a huge difference for me.”
- “I want to thank you again for this enormously impressive workshop! I have learned so much valuable knowledge and tricks on so many levels, and it was great to get to know you and get an impression of you extraordinary skills, in order to see what is possible”
- “Steve Weir is a dedicated and energetic coach. His seminar at the MPI has helped me understand, and start to use the building blocks of an effective presentation.”
- “Steve is an excellent, engaging and impressively skilled coach who managed to teach me and my fellow workshop attendees numerous practical ways to improve my presentation skills in a relatively short period of time. I recommend attending his seminars without reservation.”
- “Thanks again for all your help! It was extremely helpful, encouraging, inspiring.”
Stimmen aus anderen wissenschaftlichen Instituten:
- “…ich möchte mich dem positiven Feedback (von Herrn Weir’s Seminars) der letzten Jahre anschließen: das Soft Skill Seminar von Steve Weir war fantastisch. Ich hätte nicht ahnen können, wie wichtig und wertvoll dieses Training ist. Ich bin froh, dass einem das (das Institut) diese Möglichkeit bietet und würde jederzeit wieder teilnehmen.” (I wish to add my own contribution to the positive feedback for Mr. Weir’s seminars over the past years: the soft skill seminar from Steve Weir was fantastic. I had no idea how important and valuable this training is. I am glad that the institute has made this seminar possible and would join it again, at any time.)
- “Vielen Dank für die Organisation dieses Seminars! Die letzten beiden Tage waren extrem wertvoll, fordernd und unterhaltsam zugleich. Steve ist ein großartiger Coach. Ich würde jederzeit wieder teilnehmen, falls sich die Möglichkeit ergeben sollte.” (Thank you very much for the organization of this seminar! The past days were, simultaneously, extremely valuable, challenging and entertaining. Steve is a great coach. I would participate in this seminar again at any time, if offered the possibility.)
Feedback from my participants of a webinar in June 2020 at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development
“The host was very engaged and did a great job to provide an interactive seminar despite the fact that it was a remoteseminar. I especially liked the surprise talk we had to give at the end”
“Very practical approach that was centered on personal feedback. Personal video training. Easy to follow and clear structure of the overall session and themes.”
“Through partner and group discussions as well as practical exercises, the whole session was very lively, which I very much liked.”
“Tipps about the use of pauses. Practical exercises. Nice and open atmosphere.”
“The process of identifying what one does well and what can/should be improved.”
“Reviewing the short spontaneous presentations that were recorded. Also the fact that Steve addressed all of our questions we sent him in advance and that the meeting was very well structured.”